Am. titanum cutting experience II

Hello Carlo,

I used a branch of the leaf, the branch is 3 cm and the leafpart is 10
cm, I removed most of the leaf with cissors so the cutting is no more
then 3 cm's wide. I inserted the base in a standard rooting powder
bought at my local gardencentrum an then put it in a standard potting
mixture with some coarse sand added. Ground heating kept the temperature
at 27 degrees celsius.

I haven't tried this with other species , since they're all dormant at
this moment.

One of my other  Am. titanums is going to lose its leaves and I will be
making cuttings from them as well, I also think I will try the petiole
to see what happens.

anne.

--------------------------- your email ----------------------------

>I used only one cutting taken from a leaf that was turning yellow
>anyway. Now after 3 months I have a thickening of the stem of approx. 5
>mm and 2 roots growing out of it. At this time there is still no sign of
>any leafs forming, but I am patient. I hope I can comment on any
>developments in that direction in the following weeks ( months? ).

Anne,
Please give us specifics here. Did you take the entire petiole? Or did
you
take one "branch" of the the leaf at the top of the petiole? How did you
treat the cutting?

Needless to say, this it encouraging news for the propagation of
non-bulbil
forming species. Have you tried it with any other species?

Carlo

Carlo A. Balistrieri, J.D.        mailto:CABalist@facstaff.wisc.edu
P.O. Box 327
Ashippun, WI 53003-0327
U.S.A.
Voice:     414.569.1902  Telefax: same number, please call ahead.