[Aroid-l] greenhouse growing

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] greenhouse growing
  • From: "MJ Hatfield" mjhatfield@oneota.org
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 15:06:02 -0600

I hope you can help.

Spring will be coming and before it gets here I need to order shade cloth for the new greenhouse. But first I need to hear what you, the expert greenhouse growers, have to say. I’m growing mostly, but not all, Aroids. I’d like to aim the shade cloth covering to the Aroids because if they scorch I will be upset. Basically how much of the north 8’ tall wall and south  8’ tall wall should be covered. I assume I should cover the entire roof area.

Also, I’m told shade cloth comes in differing opacities, from 30-90%, in 10% increments.

What do you all have to say?

Thanks so much.

MJ Hatfield