RE: [Aroid-l] greenhouse growing

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] greenhouse growing
  • From: "Bamboo Chik" bamboochik@earthlink.net
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 07:33:56 -0600

It depends on the climate zone you are in. For instance, I am in zone 8 of Southern Alabama where the summers are long, hot, and humid. I use an 80% shade cloth on the roof and south and west walls but nothing on the east and north, which is shaded by large willows and bamboo.  I also have to use fans to keep the air moving and to avoid too many fungus problems. Ventilation is a big concern here.  A trip to botanical gardens like Atlanta's and others are helpful for those living in the southern USA. They have many tips you can pick up on how they operate their greenhouses...b.f.n...deb