RE: [Aroid-l] Amorph. cross

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Amorph. cross
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" hetter@xs4all.nl
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 22:41:45 +0100

I wouldn't hold my breath here: Amorphophallus bulbifer is a triploid (3n = 39) and could never ever produce fertile offspring of interspecific hybrid origin. It always sets purely apomictic seeds (without any pollination) and produces "offspring" identical to the mother plant.

I am sorry, but I am not buying a ticket to see 100 bulbifer clones..........

Sorry to disappoint you....

Cheerio,
Lord P.