[Aroid-l] Amorph. cross

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Amorph. cross
  • From: "Albert Knight" mrknight@charter.net
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:12:46 -0500

   Well, I guess a visit from Mr. H was going to happen, The cross I made earlier this year between Amorphophallus bulbifer and sumawongii was successful. Bulbifer being the recipient of pollen, I recieved approx. 100 seeds. They range in varoius sizes, but most are large seeds from what I am used to seeing.  I have no idea on the best way to germinate them or to even try. My internal curiousometer wants to see what they might become. Any help would be nice.  By the way Last year had been a terrible year for health, And this year I have gone back to school full time to get my Civil Engineering degree while still working full time. Hope to see you all soon. Albert Knight, Beaufort SC