Re: [Aroid-l] Forced Dormancy Question

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Forced Dormancy Question
  • From: bonaventure@optonline.net
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 03:39:41 +0000 (GMT)

My T. venosums, and also konjacs, are weeds here in the sandy subsoil of my coastal New Jersey, USA garden. Planted deep in the soil overlain by thick organic mulch, they flower in early May and are up in leaf towards the end of May. They never fail to spread by seeds or small offsets that make their way to the soil surface and are transported around.
Bonaventure Magrys
Cliffwood Beach, NJ