Re: [Aroid-l] Leaflet use for tuber production.

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Leaflet use for tuber production.
  • From: Steve Marak <samarak@gizmoworks.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:48:36 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Tony Avent wrote:

> Julius:
> We have been experimenting with leaf cuttings on aroids for several years and
> are working on a formal article with our results with amorphophallus.  We
> have had success within the genera of Amorphophallus, arisaema,
> pseudodracontium, and pinellia.

I've had good results with amorphophallus, so I'm not surprised to see
pseudodracontium in your list. But arisaema does surprise me.  Does that apply
generally, or are there particular species or a section of the genus which can
be rooted from leaf cuttings?

(Did anyone else catch Tony on Martha Stewart the other morning? Though aroids
were not the topic, Amorphophallus was mentioned - Martha has one [species not
stated] in her greenhouse.)

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@gizmoworks.com
Aroid-l mailing list