RE: [Aroid-l] Leaflet use for tuber production.

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Leaflet use for tuber production.
  • From: "D. Christopher Rogers" <crogers@ecoanalysts.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:14:41 -0800

Howdy!

At the University of California, Davis Conservatory we have propagated
Amorphophallus titanium from leaflets. The guy who developed the method
there is Ernesto Sandoval. Best results are obtained from terminal leaflets
with a petiole about as thick as your index finger. The lamina is stripped
from the portion of the petiole to be buried. The medium is
vermiculite/perlite, and it is important to keep them upright, even propping
them up if necessary. They are treated with a low dosage hormone (Rootone
F), given plenty of bottom heat and high humidity.

I hope this helps,
Christopher

D. Christopher Rogers
Invertebrate Ecologist/Taxonomist
((,///////////=====<

EcoAnalysts, Inc.
(530) 406-1178
166 Buckeye Street
Woodland CA 95695 USA

? Invertebrate Taxonomy
? Invertebrate Ecological Studies
? Bioassessment and Study Design
? Endangered Invertebrate Species
? Zooplankton
? Periphyton/ Phytoplankton

Moscow, ID ? Bozeman, MT ? Woodland, CA ? Neosho, MO ? Selinsgrove, PA
www.ecoanalysts.com