RE: [Aroid-l] New Topic - Spathantheum intermedium

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] New Topic - Spathantheum intermedium
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@xs4all.nl>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:18:38 +0100

A sliiight correction to Julius'taxonomic notes:

- Spathantheum intermedium has been transferred to Gorgonidium
- Spathantheum in its current circumscription contains S. orbignyanum AND S.
fallax!

Taccarums are really different in cultivation from Spathantheums. Taccarums
are warm and Spathantheum are temperate. I keep material of both genera
totally dry during dormancy. Taccarum in warm conditions and Spathantheum
around 5 - 10 Celsius. Both genera seem to have well built-in rhythm because
they always wake up at the same time, e.g. Spathantheum fallax very early
(like now, in January) and S. orbignyanum muuuch later (late April at the
earliest).

Gorgonidium intermedium is also a temperate species.

I suppose Eduardo will have some more pointers.

Cheerio,
Wilbert