Re: [Aroid-l] Leaflet use for tuber production.

Aroiders,

I remember that this was topic some years ago (you might search the
archives), but in that time there was much concern that this discussion
might end up in crowds of plant nuts taking leaf cuttings of every
A.titanum they can ever find in any Botanical Garden... ;-)
(BTW, I think that threat is real...)

When this discussion was going on I wondered if the possibility of
growing bulblets from leafs is retricted the the few Amorphophallus sp.
that build bulblets in the leaf axills.

Very interesting to read that leaf cuttings some sp. regenerate roots
and subsequently tuberlike organs.

@ Christopher,

congratulatins to you and Ernesto Sandoval for your success with
titanum.

Could you comment on the time needed and percentage of leaf cuttings
that root?  Furthermore, if every rooted leaf piece forms a bulblet  and
how long it takes to form it?

Thanks and good growing,
Bernhard.

However, Christopher could