RE: [Aroid-l] Leaflet use for tuber production.

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Leaflet use for tuber production.
  • From: "D. Christopher Rogers" <crogers@ecoanalysts.com>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:18:55 -0800

Hello, Bernhard!

Since you raised the issue of "plant nuts" thieving titanium leaflets, I am
wondering if I should answer your question. ;-)

Actually, the leaflets produce a small bulb first (about two months to do
so), and then from the bulb start producing roots (about another two
months), and then the leaflet falls off/dies and the bulb goes put up a new
small leaf or went into a short dormancy, and then put up a small leaf.
Leaflet cuttings with a petiole about 2cm thick or more were 80% successful.
Leaflets with the petiole with less of a diameter were only bout 25%
successful. The younger leaflets work best. The leaflets from older leaves
never worked.

I hope this is what you needed to know,

D. Christopher Rogers
Invertebrate Ecologist/Taxonomist

EcoAnalysts, Inc.
(530) 406-1178
166 Buckeye Street
Woodland CA 95695 USA

? Invertebrate Taxonomy
? Invertebrate Ecological Studies
? Bioassessment and Study Design
? Endangered Invertebrate Species
? Zooplankton
? Periphyton/ Phytoplankton

Moscow, ID ? Bozeman, MT ? Woodland, CA ? Neosho, MO ? Selinsgrove, PA