Re: aroid recommendations

  • Subject: Re: aroid recommendations
  • From: "Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat@mobot.org>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 18:05:25 -0600

Dear Carol:

	I would suggest Anthurium scandens and A. gracile.  Both can
grow in small pots, flower a lot and even set fruits parthenocarpically.
For something with unisexual flowers a tough species like Dieffenbachia
seguine flowers in the "rainy" season, usually between July and
November.  Dieffenbachia oerstedii is a bit smaller and might better
suit your needs.