Re: Off the wall question from a newbie. preserving the blooms

  • Subject: Re: Off the wall question from a newbie. preserving the blooms
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 09:08:29 -0800 (PST)

Dear Chris,

Aloha.

I have not done this myself, but wonderful preservations have been done in casting resin.  Nasty stuff, and difficult to do right, but if you get good at it and can do an Amorphophallus titanum, you'll probably be famous.

The other thing...and even more difficult is to make a reproduction in flame worked glass.  The Blaschka glass flowers at Harvard are the best of these.  Google them.  Again, if you can do this form of art, you'll be famous.

Perhaps 5 minute epoxy is a new technique that will yield wonderful results...this is totally new grounds for experimentation.

Aloha,

Leland