Re: LED lighting (was aroid recommendations)

  • Subject: Re: LED lighting (was aroid recommendations)
  • From: Steve Marak <samarak@gizmoworks.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 00:23:37 -0600 (CST)

Bonaventure, thanks for posting this. I'm very interested in LED lighting,
and though I try to keep up on what's out there I hadn't seen this one.
Though these sound expensive, for LED lighting on standard bases that can
run directly on wall power it's really quite reasonable.

Have you actually measured the PAR output from these lights yet?

Steve

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, bonaventure@optonline.net wrote:

> I got a good deal with these:

> The Par 38 is a super bright light that is powered by 120 high intensity
> LED's. LED lights are energy efficient and use extremely low watts. This
> will result in money saved by lowered utility costs. The lifespan of
> this bulb can reach up to 100,000 hours. This bulb emits no UV radiation
> and will remain cool to the touch. The voltage of this light is
> 110/220/24, uses 8 watts of power and has a standard E27 base. LED
> lights

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@gizmoworks.com