Re: LED lighting (was aroid recommendations)

  • Subject: Re: LED lighting (was aroid recommendations)
  • From: "Franck R." <fradnai@free.fr>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 09:56:03 +0100

Hello Steve,
After some researches about this method to give light to plants, it
seems that a lighting only by led is not very well to spectrum level
(problems to red levels and without these ray the plants have not a
beautiful growth ; I had the same problem in my system
http://fradnai.free.fr/GB/vitrineV2.htm). I have done these researches
because I use artificial lighting for my indoor greenhouse. In more,
obtain a large surface of light by led is not easy and it seems that to
obtain these conditions, the price of install becomes then expensive
(for me here in France with the price of materials). But it is also a
very interesting method, perhaps a little difficult to use to a personal
use out of professional in reason of price to have an optimal tool
(material / spectrum / cost). So after these observations, and for me, I
have decided to use fluocompact light and grolux tubs with electronical
ballast, more easy to use and cheaper for me (I had tried Envirolite
light too, but the results were no very good to my opinion, and now with
fluocompact light and grolux tubs it is better, without etiolation and
plants make flowers. Build of my indoor greenhouse
http://picasaweb.google.fr/Franck54280/MaSerreDIntRieurMyIndoorGreenhouse#,
and aspect of my lighting installation
http://picasaweb.google.fr/Franck54280/MaSerreDIntRieurMyIndoorGreenhouse#5243292884071621698.
I must place one grolux tubs in more. There is 2 fluocompact light in
6500°K/23W, 2 grolux tubs in 18W and I must add 1 grolux tub in 36W).
See you
Franck

--
Franck RADNAI - Climate Zone 7