Re: Aquatic aroids

  • Subject: Re: Aquatic aroids
  • From: <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:20:58 +0000

Dear All,

At  least one species, (and probably several other species) of Spathiphyllum, S. cannifolium (which is an aroid of my EARLY childhood on Trinidad, W.I.) grows with its roots, rhizome and sometimes the lower part of its petioles in running water on the sides of streams.  It, and other Spaths, will NOT survive long with leaves completely underwater.

Julius