Re: Amorph gigas

Jude, as you know, Aroideana is about the only thing that we put into members’ hands (many other less tangible benefits of membership, of course), and the journal needs to have articles of interest to all members to complement its important function as a solid publication place for aroid research. You obviously do a lot of aroid growing, so do you have any special ways of storing your plants that go dormant, or bringing them back to activity, tricks in nutrition that affect their growth, awful mistakes that others might want to avoid, particulars of supplementary lighting, propagation experiences – there could well be something of general interest. I am not looking for the really superficial stuff that the weekly newspaper article or beginner gardening magazine might want, but you can judge the experience level (and the range of skills and interests0 that get raised on aroid-l and respond to that. I wouldn’t guarantee to publish every submission, but would certainly help with getting things into shape.

With respect to the hiatus on aroid-l – it happens from time to time. This time it might have been pushed along (n the south and west at least) by the need to give cold protection to the things that we grow in spite of knowing that we shouldn’t … We have just had three reminders that South Florida is not Costa Rica !

Regards, Derek

From: aroid-l-bounces@www.gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@www.gizmoworks.com] On Behalf Of santoury@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2011 11:20 PM
To: aroid-l@www.gizmoworks.com
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Amorph gigas

I'm not sure how writing for Aroideana would translate into a more active e-mail forum? I'm by no means a profesional Aroid grower, so I'm not sure how much I might contribute.

Best, Jude

If you want so badly to be active, why don’t you write something for Aroideana or the Newsletter. My deadline for Aroideana is Right now, But the Newsletter has a little time to go (and I will stretch mine for something of value).