Re: Synandrospadix vermitoxicus

  • Subject: Re: Synandrospadix vermitoxicus
  • From: Christopher Rogers <branchiopod@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 08:54:32 -0600

Dear Al,

I inadvertently stumbled across a bed of a few dozen plants at an abandoned home/park area east of the La Serena/ Coquimbo area in 2007. It was obviously an ornamental planting. The area was near a stream that joined the Elqui River, and I had been directed there as someplace people had gone to fish. I was looking for crustaceans and found plenty! I really could not tell you how to get back there. I was directed there by a fellow who I met at my hotel in Coquimbo. The only other aroids I found in Chile were Lemna.

Happy days,
Christopher