Re: Anthurium identification help

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium identification help
  • From: Hannon <othonna@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 16:44:51 -0800

Philip,

This looks like A. gracile. A good character for this species is its abundance of near-white, pendent roots, very much like some epiphytic orchids such as Vanda. When the roots of your plant are better developed this should be apparent.

Dylan

On 21 January 2011 21:28, Philip McGrew <philipmcgrew@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
I got this anthurium the other day, it was bought as A. gracile.  This is a juvenile.
Theirs glandular punctations on the under part of the leaves.
>From what I read it says no were A. gracile. has punctations on the leaves. But A.
friedrichsthalii and A. bakeri do.
I have sent an email to the place I got it from to see if I can get more info.
In the mean time if anyone has an idea please reply.
Thanks P McGrew

--