Re: Growing arums in pots

  • Subject: Re: Growing arums in pots
  • From: "Paul T." <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 17:29:33 +1100

At 01:23 PM 20/01/2012, you wrote:
>I'd like to try growing some of the Arum species (A. dioscorides v. syriacum
>and A.creticum), but will have to do it in pots as I'm virtually certain
>they wouldn't be hardy in my climate.  I have a cool greenhouse available in
>winter.
>
>Is there anyone else growing these (or similar) in pots that can give me
>some helpful hints (media, growing cycle, etc.)?

Don,

I grow all my Arums in pots, outside in the open
in my climate.  The majority flower most
years.  I am guessing that I am likely warmer than you though?

Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia - USDA Zone Equivalent approx. 8/9
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C.
Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Growing an eclectic collection of plants from all
over the world including Aroids, Crocus,
Cyclamen, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Galanthus,
Irises, Liliums, Trilliums (to name but a few)
and just about anything else that doesn't move!!