P. x evansii

Tom - you suggested that Simon Mayo could shed some light on this, with
his knowledge of subgenus Meconostigma. I have a copy of his revision of
this subgenus in the Kew Bulletin Vol46 No4 1991. On page 671, under his
discussion of P.undulatum he says as follows:

" A similar phenomenon has been observed in material of P.x evansii, a
hybrid between P.speciosum and P.bipinnatifidum which has leaves very
similar to those of P.undulatum."

Hopefully this finally clarifies the parentage of this hybrid. While on
this subject does anyone know the origins of Philodendron cv winterbourn
"Xanadu". With this plants growth habits it would seem that its origins
are within subgenus Meconostigma as well. Any clues?

On the subject of Philodendron seeds,Tom at the start you mentioned
folding the seeds into dry newspaper and later you referred to the
packets being moist not wet. I assume by this you mean that once you have
folded up the newspaper packet with the seeds inside you then lightly
moisten the packet? Also I would like to hear about your seed raising
methods and what growing medium you use.

I received my order of Aroideana back issues this week - fascinating
reading here. In the 1994 Vol.17 issue, Tom wrote about the Aroid
Conference in Yokohama  and mentioned a paper on a revision of
Philodendron subgenus Pteromischum that was to be given by Michael H.
Grayum. Tom, do you know whether this paper was ever published? If it was
could you tell me how I could arrange a copy?Also posters were mentioned-
are these still in existence?

Happy Aroiding

Neil Crafter
Adelaide, Australia