Re: Archibald Arisaema

David:

I can recommend the A. yamatense v. sugimotoi. I received some seed
collected by Don Elick back in 1994, I believe. They were nothing special
the first season, but in the second most of them were variegated with a
central area of silver on each leaflet. Very attractive, but nothing has
flowered yet. I believe Don has given one variegated form a cultivar name--
something like 'Silver Clouds'.

A. consanguineum ('the weed of Yunnan') should not be passed over either. I
saw dozens of different forms when I was over there I last October, many of
which were quite different from those commonly grown in our gardens.

--Roy Herold
North Reading, MA