Re: anthurium scherzerianum hybrids

Dear Anthurium growers:  Anthurium scherzerianum occurs at high
elevation in cloud forests as a true epiphyte.  It prefers a loose soil
mix, the highest humidity possible and cool temperatures.  Thus is is
not surprizing that it does not do well under average house conditions.
I wonder if it would do well in a terrarium?  It also gets a lot of air
movement in the wild so that might not bode well for terrarium
conditions.
	Tom Croat, Missouri Botanical Garden