Caladium (Xanthosoma) lindenii

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Caladium (Xanthosoma) lindenii
  • From: Piabinha@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 23:24:42 -0500 (CDT)

my previous plant, a small one in a 5" pot, croaked easily and then never
came back, although i expected it to have a tuber...  just this weekend, i
bought a large plant (in a 12" pot) for only $9.95 from a vendor at jerry
barad's picnic.  i'm keeping my fingers crossed...

incidentally, why do cultivated Caladium tubers shrink from year to year?
how do they increase in size in the wild then?

tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA