Re: Info on Epipremnum spp.

  • Subject: Re: Info on Epipremnum spp.
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:12:15 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Geoff,

Thanks for the support. I agree that there is an element of "upbringing"
involved and that must indeed be done by the growers themselves or the
retailers etc. But then again, THEY have to be notified as well. That's
where publcations in non-scientific journals are for, as well as databases
like Plantscope and others (e.g. the GRIN database on major agricultural
crops, etc.). It is said we live in an information era but that means people
will have to look up that information as well and not sit back and wait for
it to fly by (which it usually won't) and when it does, start bitching that
it doesn't suit them. If it doesn't suit, ignore it but don't be surprised
when the world around you changes nonetheless. We are no longer talking in
Latin sentences anymore when we want to pinpoint a particular plant species
but we have adapted to using the Linnean system of binomial naming. Linnaeus
was one of those "perverted" taxonomists in the eyes of some of us.

Wilbert