Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron stenolobum

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron stenolobum
  • From: "Eduardo Goncalves" edggon@hotmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 11:35:15 +0000

Dear all,

I simply echo Julusīpost. Whatever you want to call all this variations of narrow-lobed (or, in latin, stenolobum) philodendron, THEY ARE NOT P. WILLIAMSII. Unfortunately, I donīt have a picture here of the real P. williamsii to post. Anyhow, all material I have seen are forms of P. stenolobum and since I do not believe in varietal names (they are almost invariably superfluous), I keep calling then P. stenolobum. If you sell them, you can add a name on this, like P. stenolobum "Ruffled-edge" or P. stenolobum "Short ears", but I canīt see any need of a binomial changing.

Very best wishes,

Dr. Eduardo G. Goncalves
Universidade Catolica de Brasilia
Curso de Ciencias Biologicas