Re: ID please?

  • Subject: Re: ID please?
  • From: "Denis" <denis@skg.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 13:10:57 -0400

Sheldon:

Looks like Homalomena sp. 'Emerald Gem', an Aroid used for interiorscape
or houseplant purposes. It's been in the foliage industry for years. Go
on line to Agristarts IV, a tissue culture lab in Apopka Florida for
picture and culture info. No taxonomic information available though at
this site. Over the years quite a few Homalomena sp. have been tissue
cultured some with red petioles and or leaves.

Denis
Silver Krome Gardens
Homestead Fl