Re: HELP ANYONE! LOOKING FOR AMORPHOPHALLUS PAEONIFOLIUS BULBS HELP! PLEASE!

  • Subject: Re: HELP ANYONE! LOOKING FOR AMORPHOPHALLUS PAEONIFOLIUS BULBS HELP! PLEASE!
  • From: bonaventure@optonline.net
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 19:16:49 +0000 (GMT)

Well Ty,
I have a compost barrel full of Typhonium venosum, Amorphophallus konjac, and Pinellia pedatisecta from my garden! Wish the himalayan Arisaemas would grow like that, even through one summer! Now Amorphs albus and dunnii are starting to become pests too, and I have a lot of spreading Pinellia tripartita atropurpureum and Arisaema flavum, but better behaved.
Tough winter with temperature/moisture swings. Even lost large tubers of Arisaema ringens and triphyllum. Many other Arisaema species I've bought and don't come back after one year, and a few sources sell tubers that don't even come up! Amorphs other than I have mentioned, including paeoniifolius, come inside in autumn.

Best sources so far: Plant Delights, Seneca Hill Perennials, Asiatica Nursery, Willow Creek Gardens (& Heronswood when extanct). Sorry if I have omitted any of you who have supplied me with material over the years.

Bonaventure