Re: silver stripes species ..Epipremnum or what ?

  • Subject: Re: silver stripes species ..Epipremnum or what ?
  • From: Bluesea <chammer@cfl.rr.com>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 11:45:32 -0400

This doesn't seem to be Epipremnum amplissimum, I have seen it called Rhaph chevalieri but don't know if that's correct.
By the way, Epipremnum amplissimum seems to be a synonym, the basionym official name is Rhaphidophora amplissima according to Tropicos.  That is, if I'm reading the site correctly.

Russ
central Fla

Michael Pascall wrote:
Found some of this the other day ,, and remembered I still had not confirmed name ..
Dewey Fisk had it on his list as Epipremnum amplissimum ,, and had this to say ;

'This is the very pretty long lance leaf plant that is listed in Exotica as “Raphidophora chevalieri Exotica”. Foliage is laced with silver markings. Rapid grower into a full basket or totem.'

It is a stunning easy to grow plant , and can run rampant with enough water .

Here is a pic. I took at Flecker Botanic Garden .

Michael Pascall,

Try ninemsn dating now! Meet singles near you.