Re: Does anyone know this Philodendron?

  • Subject: Re: Does anyone know this Philodendron?
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 18:00:15 +0200

This is strange. I typed in the MoBot Tropicos database the name "Philodendron cannifolium" and the name is accepted,
I googled for images and most of them show Ph. martianum or other popular species like Ph. sagittifolium or Ph. hastatum.
To mix up more: I have and ald lithography which presents a species Philodendron cannaefolium (see the attachment), there's no such entry in Tropicos, but I found a page showing this "species" and it is not Ph. martianum, it resembles Ph. hastatum ("glaucophyllum"):
Another page says that Ph. cannaefolium is a synonym of Ph. martianum, but there are no photos:
And a forum page with photos of Ph. martianum and a long discussion after it

Have fun
Marek