Re: gGbberellic acid and inflorescence production

  • Subject: Re: gGbberellic acid and inflorescence production
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@exoticrainforest.com>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 12:10:31 -0500

Thanks Sherry, but I still consider myself a long way from having a "wealth of knowledge".  Like the rest of us I just have access to the knowledge of the real experts which can easily be found on the IAS website.

And please allow me to use that to lead in to a reminder to those that haven't joined the International Aroid Society just yet to consider doing so right now!  The IAS show is coming up on September 20 and 21 at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens in Miami and I'm personally on a push to get all my friends (that means all of you) to attend the show.  The amount of knowledge available to members at the show (not counting the plants) is incredible so please do join IAS and attend the show.

By the way, did you know that many, many aroid descriptions can be found on the IAS site?  I use it and my entire library of Aroideana almost every day of the year!

I hope to see all of you there!

Here's the link to join:  http://www.aroid.org/society/joinias.php

And members, your copy of Aroideana should be in the mail!

Steve Lucas
www.ExoticRainforest.com

PS: The moderators at GardenWeb finally got so tired of all the trash the guy that was promoting GA was writing they took down his thread!

Sherry Gates wrote:
Hi Steve & everybody,
    I can imagine your frustration...having your wealth of knowledge thrown back in your face by someone who obviously is deficient in that department.  BUT I can't help but find it kind of funny, too.   Sorry, but I for one, will never ever remind you not to help!  People like me rely on the information and help available from such a rich resource pool!  I have been just one of many to benefit from you, and several other very knowledgeable peoples' help on the Aroid l and I'll continue to turn y'alls way for help.  People who can't handle the fact that they do NOT have all the answers, like whoever it was on the other post, will always be around to try to mess things up.  EGO is a killer of many good things.
    You just do what you do.  Help, inform, and keep learning, and growing (botanically & personally)!   I owe so much of what little I do know to the wonderful people I've 'met' on Aroid-l.  Always a friendly, happy place to get answers.
                                                 PHOOEY (see how clean I kept it??? Smiley emoticon) on them!
                                                 One of your many, many friends, (even though we haven't actually met)
                                                             Sherry Gates