Re: gGbberellic acid and inflorescence production

  • Subject: Re: gGbberellic acid and inflorescence production
  • From: Scott Hyndman <hyndman@aroid.org>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:12:02 -0700 (PDT)

Steve,

In the 2008 volume of Aroideana on pages 120 to 123, Dr. Paul Resslar reported in his article "The inflorescence of Caladium humboldtii Schott" how he used gibberellic acid to induce flowering in that previously unknown to flower species.

One of the orginal reports of using gibberellic acid to induce flowering in aroids was by Dr. Jake Henny of the University of Florida in 1995:

Best regards, Scott