Re: Amophophallus titanum at the Houston Museum of Natural Science

  • Subject: Re: Amophophallus titanum at the Houston Museum of Natural Science
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 07:28:34 -0500

Thanks Bill. This one began opening yesterday morning and was lopsided all day long. Finally about midnight it began to become more symmetrical and this morning is nicely rounded. The pheromones did not begin to fully release until well into the early morning and this morning one of the caretakers was wearing a gas mask. It must be at or near peak now.

They had people paying to see it all night long!

Steve