Re: Amophophallus titanum at the Houston Museum of Natural Science

  • Subject: Re: Amophophallus titanum at the Houston Museum of Natural Science
  • From: "Nancy Greig" <ngreig@hmns.org>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 20:29:24 -0500

Bill - you were right about the timing of the odor - but I did not think
that the intensity was all that intense (unless the peak was between 2
am and about 8 am).  The masks used by a couple people were mostly an
exaggeration for the benefit of the media!  It was a bit funky in the
room, and indeed there were stronger whiffs occasionally - but it was
quite bearable...and except for the odd remnant of odor the scent is all
dissapated now.

Cheers,
Nancy