Re: climbing Philodendrons for Mediterranean climate

Dear Sean,

    We know that self-header Philos are very easy to grow everywhere like
P. bipinnatifidum (=P. selloum, P. mello-barretoanum), P. undulatum, P.
williamsii, P. corcovadense, P. saxicolum, etc. I have noted that P.
acutatum is also very rough, growing even over nude sandstone in full sun
here in dry portions of Brazil. P. martianum (Graf's P. cannifolium) is also
very hard to kill, as well as the good and old P. imbe. P. pedatum and P.
bipennifolium are also good survivors in poor humity. These are the most
drought-proof species I know and I think they can survive there.

Sincerely,

Eduardo.