Re: A. titanum

Hey Neil,

Sorry you are fed up with Amorph. titanum but it is one of those charismatic
plants that never fails to capture the public's imagination. It is true, one
can get too much of a good thing. But this plant is one that can draw in a
novice or even a person who is not especially interested in plants and that
is a huge accomplishment. For all those Amorphophallus connoisseurs, there
are all the other wonderful and amazing species. Just feel smug that you have
reached that level of appreciation!

I am wrapping up work on an Amorphophallus titanum CD that will showcase all
of the US flowerings as well as a few in Europe. I hope that all you
Amorphophallus snobs are not too jaded to enjoy this!

Donna Atwood

<<
 I truly do like amorphophallus but have had it up to my eyeballs with A.
 titanum.  There is a ton of web sites articles, a cd, and a bunch of press
 on A.titanum. Enough already. What about all of the other species? There are
 many, many more with much more beautiful foliage and much more beautiful
 inflorescence. I guess we are just all too enamored with the hugeness of A.
 titanum.