Re: [aroid-l] A. titanum bloom at UCD

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] A. titanum bloom at UCD
  • From: Al Wootten <awootten@nrao.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 09:23:56 -0400

Hi Ken

I was confused also--apparently it bloomed about this time last year and the web page refers to that blooming although the TV spot referred to this year--3 June in fact. A pretty regular A. titanum! I suppose it is difficult for a resource-starved University to provide fresh material. But apparently they are doing well by this plant!

Clear skies,
Al

ken@spatulacity.com wrote:
I may be confused, but not usually *this* confused! June 9th, talked about on the web page, has not happend yet, and Monday June 9 is not a date in the year 2004... So, when did this actually happen?
-Ken

Al Wootten wrote:

Folks,

Our local news just carried photos of an A. titanum in bloom at the Conservatory of the University of California Davis in Chico, California. It didn't look as large as some I have seen--it is reported to be a ten year old plant. See http://greenhouse.ucdavis.edu/titan/

Clear skies,
Al