Re: [aroid-l] ebay - ebook fraud

At 09:58 AM 06/21/2004, Alan Galloway wrote:

Peter, Denis, Steve, and others,

After seeing Peter's original posting, I checked the sites listed and
discovered that this
person was also using 2 of my photos as well.  This person never asked for
and certainly did not credit me for my photos.

It is always a shock to confront a person who has a sociopath's sense of ethics. this is small potatoes ("papas chicos" as i like to say, foolishly) but.....i have seen mail order catalogs which have lifted entire pages of my drawings from a book i wrote a long time ago! ALSO drawings made by tracing in ink, over photographs from that book....in yet another catalog.

I never confronted the villains, but nor did I forget who they are.

and i would have been happy to give them permission to use the drawings for free.

it is baffling. But one thing about criminals, is they do not expect to get caught, and if they DO get caught it is always because the COPS DID NOT PLAY FAIR.

this is the sum and substance of much criminal defence in court, this last part.

I, certainly, in the abstract, wish a terrible pox to befall anyone who uses somebody else's stuff like that.

normally a kind and caring individual