Re: [aroid-l] A. konjac questions

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] A. konjac questions
  • From: "Balistrieri, Carlo" <cbalistrieri@nybg.org>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 07:40:11 -0400

A. bulbifer is no konjac, but I have it in bloom in the apartment in the Bronx. The first day or two it was pretty noticeable--but after that it quieted down (so to speak). It is now fully open and is not odoriferous in the least...just gorgeous!

After all, why the heck are we growing them if we don't want, expect, hope that they will flower. Stink be damned!

Carlo

Carlo A. Balistrieri
Curator of the Rock Garden
The New York Botanical Garden