[Aroid-l] Amorphophallus titanum blooming

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus titanum blooming
  • From: Emily.Yates@mobot.org
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 09:46:01 -0500

Title: Amorphophallus titanum blooming

Aroiders,

This is a post from Allan Storjohann at Myriad Botanical Gardens in Oklahoma City, www.myriadgardens.com along with an attachment of a press release on the blooming of an Amorphophallus titanum with an additional photo.

My name is Allan Storjohann, and I manage the Myriad Botanical Gardens in Oklahoma City, www.myriadgardens.com <http://www.myriadgardens.com> . I would like to get the word out that we have a Corpse Flower, Amorphophallus titanum, that is about to bloom. It looks like it will be at it's peak of stink in 8-10 days.

<<Titan Arum photo June23.JPG>> <<Amorphophallus Titanum press release.doc>>

Enjoy!

Emily Yates
Research Assistant (Araceae)
Missouri Botanical Garden
P. O. Box 299
St. Louis, MO 63166-0299
(314) 577-5163
Emily.Yates@mobot.org

Whitaker Music Festival
Free concerts under the stars!
7 p.m. every Wednesday in June & July
www.mobot.org

"To discover and share knowledge about plants and their environment, in order to preserve and enrich life." - mission of the Missouri Botanical Garden