Arisaema fimbriatum hardiness

  • Subject: Arisaema fimbriatum hardiness
  • From: Adam Black <epiphyte1@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 10:48:58 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Combining the current topics of A. fimbriatum and Tony's experience with cold hardiness in another Thai Arisaema sp, I had A. fimbriatum survive outside this winter here in north Florida zone 8b where we had a few nights down to 17 degrees F. I actually didn't mean to experiment with it, but accidentally forgot about it. This was in a small pot not much bigger than the tuber, so there wasn't much insulation around it either. It just got done flowering for the first time as well - very neat.

I'm going to plant it outside in a shady well-drained rock garden and hope it continues to survive the winters here.

Adam Black