Re: [Aroid-l] P. corcovadense

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] P. corcovadense
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 15:00:11 +0000

>From: Eric Schmidt <leu242@yahoo.com>
>To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
>Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] P. adamantinum, P. saxicolum.
>Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 05:39:49 -0800 (PST)

Dear Eric,

Thanks for sharing the info. w/ us. I have a plant of a small 'self-header' that I was given by a friend who lives N. of Tampa, this beautiful plant looks somewhat like your P. corcovadense, the difference being that mine has more scolloped/divided edges to the leaf blade. Some in Miami friends have plants of it, and I have heard it called 'minature P. speciosum', does anyone on the L know this plant or what the TRUE species or parantage may be (if we assume it might be a hybrid?)
Another querry for friends 'out there'---a few years ago I saw 3 gal. pots for sale of what were advertised as being 'minature selloums', this sale I THINK was at Mounts Bot Garden in WPB, I STUPIDLY did NOT purchase one as to me they looked like reg. P. 'selloum', but they were young plants. Does anyone remember or know the source of these, or did anyone buy one and can tell us what it/they turned out to be???
So far I have not had any luck locating plants of either P. saxicolum or P. adamantinum, I was sent a photo of what I believe may be a P. adamantinum that is in a Bot. Garden in Hawaii. The photo on the MOBOT web site of what is said to bea leaf of P. adamantinum is not of this species, it can be seen that it is one of the P. 'selloum' complex, probably from seed from the same S. American source that I have been asking about.
Thanks again, Eric.
Good Growing!

One that we are growing is Philodendron corcovadense.