RE: [Aroid-l] Philodendron verrucosum

At 09:15 AM 3/29/2006, you wrote:
We have grown P. verrucosum in the nursery but never any large numbers. Like so many plants which originate in a cloud forest type environment it does not appreciate our Summer heat and always grows much better in the cooler Fall Winter and Spring Months. In the summer it stops growing and just stares back at you when you walk by. It is hard to root the cuttings so we lay the vines out on a tray of chopped sphagnum moss so they can grow roots at the nodes into the sphagnum.

I hate the way they just stare at you like that!  where are you? this sounds terribly southern california to me.

Aroid-l mailing list