Dracontium polyphyllum blooming

  • Subject: Dracontium polyphyllum blooming
  • From: "Daniel Devor" <plantguy@zoominternet.net>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 15:09:43 -0400

Hi All,  I jut wanted to share my enthusiasm that after 5 years I have finally got one of my Dracontium polyphyllum blooming for the first time.  I'm not convinced they like the window seat they get in my bathroom or dining room for the winter, but they muddle through and finally rewarded me.  This genus rarely gets discussed here, but it is my favorite amongst the tuberous aroids so what the heck :o)
I have no idea if pics can be directly imbedded, so if that did not work I have attached the link below.
Spring is roaring in here in zone 6 so hopefully in 2 more months that tender stuff like the Dracontium can go outside for the summer!!
Gibsonia, PA

Aroid-L mailing list