Re: Orange Candleflower

  • Subject: Re: Orange Candleflower
  • From: Don Martinson <llmen@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 18:04:21 -0600

Title: Re: [Aroid-l] Orange Candleflower
They lie!

And what is more perplexing is that they actually received a favorable rating from Consumer Reports several years ago – based on the receipt of a single healthy Clematis!
I’ve usually depended upon CR for a relative unbiased review of vendors, but in this case, they really screwed up....

Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

On 3/7/12 8:56 PM, "James Waddick" <jwaddick@kc.rr.com> wrote:

> Dear Aroiders,
> I got a Michigan Bulb Company catalog and wondered  why they
> are still in business. Beside that, they advertised 'Orange
> Candleflower" which made me visit their web site.
> Hard to tall what the foliage is like, but this is not a
> flower of Arum italicum. The seed filled stems in the inset may be,
> but what do you think of this mash up ?
> http://www.michiganbulb.com/product/Orange_Candleflower/Bulbs?p=0822504&gclid=
> CI7ezvOl1q4CFUQUKgode2vHbw
> Also found on Holand Bulb Farms web site.  I'd
> laugh if it was really funny.  Jim W.
Aroid-L mailing list