Re: Neil Carroll's last IAS Newsletter

  • Subject: Re: Neil Carroll's last IAS Newsletter
  • From: StellrJ@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 19:13:18 -0500 (CDT)

In a message dated Fri, 11 May 2001 11:38:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Peter Boyce" <p.boyce@rbgkew.org.uk> writes:

<< I am getting very
concerned that Aroidaean is becoming completely science-based
and that it will turn folks off.>>

Well, if it makes you feel better, the science is what keeps me subscribed.  Were it not for the science articles, I would more likely switch to Biotropica or one of the other, bigger journals.  But, since IAS is for ALL aroid enthusiasts, I agree that horticultural writing belongs here, too.  So all you expert (or at least comptent) growers (that lets me out!) write up your stuff!  (That reminds me -- I've got to work more on that S. kotoensis piece.)

Jason Hernandez