more on the shakey amorph

  • Subject: more on the shakey amorph
  • From: Carol Ann Bonner <cadastra@mindspring.com>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 22:37:26 -0500 (CDT)

Per Wilbert's instructions, I repotted my amorphophallus that was loose in
its pot -- but not before I left town for the weekend.  When I returned,
the poor thing had fallen over again and been trampled by dogs (my own, I'm
afraid.)  So my repotted plant is a bit bedraggled.

My question is, what happens to an amorph when its solitary leaf gets
smooshed?  Will it form another growing point, limp through the season with
ratty foliage, or (God forbid) *die*?

Meanwhile, my A. konjac that had seemed slow resurrecting is putting out
such a new growth that I'm afraid its next step will be world domination.

Carol Ann
Nashville