Re: [aroid-l] Dracunculus foliage

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Dracunculus foliage
  • From: SongString@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 00:39:21 EDT

Anyone have the Amorphophallus Konjac?  I bought a tuber a few years ago  at
garage sale in Southern Ohio and had no idea what it was, until a few days
ago, when I did a search on the web and came across it.  It is blooming for
the first time.  The flies are having a great time around it and it is
starting to stink. A good sign huh.  I have never seen anything grow so fast
in my life.  IT grew about 6 feet in a week!  The tuber was 13 lbs. and had
divided in two, so it is twins now. Plus I have some baby tubers also.

How rare are the A. Konjac?  I'm assuming that is what I have, since it looks
just like all the photos I've seen on websites. I live in Northern Ohio.

Nancy