Re: [aroid-l] amorphophallus konjac

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] amorphophallus konjac
  • From: ken@spatulacity.com
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 21:10:17 -0400

It will smell bad for only 2 days and while it's pretty stinky it certainly
can't be smelled for 2 blocks. You will want to move it out of the house or
into an unused room and close the door, however.

It will be happier not in the basement. You can keep it upstairs anywhere
you want after washing off all the dirt. It makes a nice conversation
piece. Keeping it in the basement will definitely delay blooming. It will
bloom earlier if it's warm. Also, putting it in a plastic bag isn't the
best thing. If you really want to bag it you should keep it in paper so it
can breathe a bit.

And as I said before, I'll happily pay shipping for any offsets you want to
send me. You don't throw those away, do you?

-Ken Mosher
Andover, CT