[aroid-l] question about tubers vs. bulbs

  • Subject: [aroid-l] question about tubers vs. bulbs
  • From: SongString@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 13:19:08 EDT

Should I call my Amorphophallus Konjac growing out of a bulb or tuber?  What
is the difference?  Is it just that a tuber may be shaped different than a

Can I get seeds from a tuberous plant, such as the A. Konjac and have new
plants come from seeds from the Konjac, or does it only come from more little
"tubers".  Mine has never bloomed before.  Does it have to be pollinated in
order to keep growing and producing more plants? If it only grows from
tubers, why does it need to be pollinated?

I'm not a botanist,and my biology classes were over several decades ago.